Recent Refinery Attack Demonstrates 'Absolutely No Safe Areas in Russia's Distant Backlines'
Ukrainian drones have hit Russia's oil processing plant in the city of Ufa, positioned around 1,400 kilometres from Ukraine, triggering explosions and a blaze, according to a insider in the Ukrainian Security Service.
This constitutes the 3rd SBU deep strike in Bashkortostan in the last month. Such strikes illustrate that there are no secure zones in the distant backlines of the Russian state.
Zelenskyy Urges US President to Facilitate Truce in the Conflict
The Ukrainian leader called on Donald Trump to broker peace in Ukraine during a telephone conversation on Saturday.
"Provided that a war can be halted in a single area, then undoubtedly additional conflicts can be stopped as well, including the Russian war," the President remarked, praising Trump's "remarkable" Gaza truce proposal and urging the US president to influence the Moscow into talks.
Russian Assaults Claim Lives in the Country
Russian attacks on Ukraine resulted in the deaths of 5 individuals on the weekend and disrupted electricity to parts of Ukraine's southern Odesa region, per local sources.
Two people were killed in a place of worship in Kostyantynivka when it was hit, as reported by regional officials.
In the Russian frontier area of the Belgorod region, a truck driver was fatally wounded by a attack from Ukraine, per local officials.
Electricity Repair Efforts in Kyiv
Efforts continued on Saturday to repair energy infrastructure in the Ukrainian capital, after assaults.
Power had been restored to in excess of 800,000 residents by Saturday and the largest utility provider announced the main work to repair the grid was concluded though certain disruptions persisted.
Anti-Aircraft Actions and UAV Interceptions
The Ukrainian anti-aircraft systems intercepted or jammed 54 out of 78 total enemy drones deployed targeting the country overnight, the aerial defense command announced on the weekend.
The Russian defense officials said it intercepted forty-two Ukrainian drones over Russian territory.
Cuban Government Rejects Accusations of Sending Soldiers to Ukraine
The Cuban government on Saturday rejected American claims it has provided troops to engage in the Ukraine war, while affirming officials in Havana "are without accurate information about Cuban nationals" participating "on their own" or "within the troops of the conflicting parties".
The ministry in the capital said twenty-six nationals had been sentenced to prison terms varying between five to 14 years for mercenary involvement since the autumn of 2023 when reports spread of Cuban nationals being deployed to the frontlines in Ukraine.
Surrender Initiative Program Discloses Data on Cuban National Recruitment
The program, a state program that urges enemy combatants to give up, stated in May: "Our information indicates the identities and information of 1,028 individuals who enlisted with the Russian armed forces in recently."
The Cuban authorities said of Cuban nationals who might be involved: "There is no doubt that not a single one have the backing, dedication, or authorization of the Cuban state for their involvement."
Family members of Cubans who departed to Russia in the year informed news outlets at the time that their relatives had been deceptively recruited through advertisements on digital networks.